Monday, December 8, 2008

take time from work to do your work

I find it interesting that it took an injury to get me out of the studio long enough to write a small blog. I've owned and operated a retail garden shop/studio for 20 years. It is and I have been successful with it in many ways. It is my passion, it is my life and besides my family, which it has given me time to be with, it is my comfort zone.

So what's the problem? I think it's human nature and I know it's David's nature to need constant approval and I have found that this is my driving force.

When I can see a customer taken in by the feel of this store, or my sculpture, when I see them leave the real world and just relax even for a sec, I get the reassurance that what I am making whether it's a sculpture or a store is reaching out and affecting the world in a good way.

I have found that I can immerse myself in this creation; that I can exist and be happy. I can feel what I'm doing is right, but unless I leave this comfort zone and somehow get my ideas and creation out there, I may never reach enough people to say I made a difference.

This blog is my attempt to leave my comfort zone long enough to reach out to others for the mutual need of approval in what they do by others and to get more people to attend "Dave's world."

No comments: